Monday 5 December 2016

Cafe Portraits - Visual Diary 7/11/16



“Practicing your speed drawing is an important skill that will allow to capture the essence of a person in minutes and/or seconds. By drawing people out and about as you see them will force you to draw them FAST purely out of necessity”

This task was unique as it meant we had to target a series of complete strangers to take part in are coursework, but it was without their permission, originally this was focused heavily on a zoo trip however I wasn’t able to join this workshop so I had to find the alternative, so it was very strange just picking some poor sole minding his or her business to have me drawing the action, pose and characteristics.

However, it was very interesting as it gave an insight to how everyone has unique personality, I still have a clear visual memory of some of the people I studied for the homework whilst out in town.     
 McDonald's Restaurant 15:45
























The noticeable feature throughout these pieces was the their heads were facing away from me.

I made sure to provide detail towards how quick or how long I worked through each piece, staying no longer than 8 minute on each person.

I revisited this task again and decided to work outside a restaurants table outside for a more easier time not having to work with peoples backs turned.

                       Costa High-Street 16:00
















No comments:

Post a Comment