Monday 5 December 2016

The Proportion 10/10/16

This session we explored proportion with life drawing. This meant drawing the figure with such focus measuring the module in the space, we were shown methods to use preparing this type of piece. This included framing the image with are hands as well as scaling with a pencil. I found this experience to be a challenging because we had to be very precise with scale, constantly double checking proportions against parts of the body. Above is one of the session's pieces, here I've used the technique of measurements from the modules head as a template to scale the rest of the figure. Notice the horizontal lines within the drawing. This was provided on the module blog to give insight into the workshop, I found this to be extremely resourceful with guidance to displaying a measured portrait.

Originally this piece was completed using a standard pencil, however I decided to revisit with much noticeable line work using a pastel stick.
Here was the first drawing of the workshop that lesson, the most noticeable feature is the amount of detail I included with in the piece, whilst the other drawings I scaled back with the content. Here I wanted to give insight into how the tutor wanted us to work.






No comments:

Post a Comment