Monday 5 December 2016

Subtractive Tone - Self Portrait 24/10/16



This week’s homework tasked me to complete a series of portraits only with a strong light from a lamp against myself to capture shadows and forms of light.

I have focused my attention towards the face itself were I cut an A3 page to fit both self portraits. The result was a success as I felt I obtained a clean understanding of the workshop lesson and wanted strong white & black giving a move impactful image, I decided to have my hair down to see what I could attain from the fringe and see if a noticeable shadow is shown beneath the hair.  
15 Minutes was used towards both portraits.



Both photo display the shadow on both sides of the face, which I felt provides a subtle but difference towards the each pose, especially through the angle I choose. However I do believe I'd continued towards working on a full body piece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment