Monday 5 December 2016

Forshortening 17/10/16




Life and Observational: Foreshortening



Foreshortening is when an object appears to be receding into the distance or coming straight out at you.



Here are skills we required from the previous session would be enhanced. Here we would draw the module now laying down in a series of different poses, masking parts of the body looking as if it’s withdrawing.



My response towards receding the figure was naturel, I felt confident with my scaling approach as I continued with framing the image through my fingers to determine how the image would fit. I made sure not to become too in-depth with detail something we were tasked to avoid.    


B Pencil/ Black Pastel

I did have issues with working with horizontal lines which are shown within the module, to determine the measurements I choose to display a series of lines coming out of the subjects limps of where the angles pointed.   




The remaining time we had within the session we were allowed to go in-depth with the detail. Both pieces had a time limit of 30 minutes each. I had put a lot of focus towards the negative spaces, the most noticeable aspect was the shading captured around and between the legs and arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment